Personal Training

Friday, May 06, 2011

You should eat Nemo...

When I saw the movie Nemo, I laughed so hard... See the thing is that I enjoy these type of movies, because they are funny and innocent.

However, there is even a bigger reason as to why I like Nemo and I'd like to eat him too.

Let me explain before you think I've completely lost it.
I won't eat Nemo perse, mainly because of trademarks... hahaha (if that even makes any sense). In truth seafood is a nutrient rich source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and other minerals; which can help fight heart disease, reduce blood pressure, depression, stroke, it helps prevent arthritis, promotes healthy brain function and possibly may help in the fight with Alzheimer and non-melanoma skin cancer, among other things. Pretty cool - uh!!

And since fish is low calorie, high protein - it makes it a great choice for any fat loss/weight loss nutrition plan.

Good fish choices include salmon, tuna (if canned in water), trout, sardines, sea bass, oysters, crab, perch, shrimp, halibut, and cod.

The American Heart Association recommends at least 2 servings of fish per week to maximize its benefits.

Best way to cook fish is grilled, blackened and baked. You can also do it broiled and pouched. Personally I prefer grilled - NEVER FRIED!!!!

Choose low-sodium, low-fat seasonings such as spices, herbs, lemon juice and other flavorings in cooking and at the table. 

Best of all you can always cook fish in about 10 - 20- minutes max. 

Plenty of reasons for you to add fish into your weekly routine.

Oh and let me clarify (for copyrights issues and all that other stuff).. I don't know Nemo personally. I tried contacting him for this interview, but he never answered my e-mails nor text messages. Figures.... I knew something smelled fishi :)

Yours in health! - ed

No comments:

Post a Comment