Personal Training

Sunday, January 02, 2011

2011 Goals

I started looking at my last year post on 2010 New Year's Resolutions and noticed that I was able to accomplish a few of them but still need to work on others.

However just like in 2009, 2010 brought its own changes and challenges. I started www.fitlorenzo.com (finishing touches on my website soon) and I've continue to surround myself with influential people, especially those who make me a better person. For a while things where not going according to plan... but I kept it together and here we are.

So just like everyone I reflect on the events that occurred over 2010 and my plans for 2011. I'll share a few with you, I only hope you share yours with me as well...
  • My conditioning is through the roof and I say this with some caution, cause I've been nursing some injuries and problems in my left shoulder joints almost all year. However that hasn't stopped me from being the best that I can be and performing at a high level; even when most people would think that its ok... I have been able to continue. 
  • That being said I'm smarter now (thanks to the advice of people smarter than me of course) and I've taken measures to alleviate the pain, discomfort and set myself in a course to being better. 
  • Last year I wanted to lose 3% body fat and I did and I gained it back... it sucks! But I keep things real. So this year goal is to lose and keep them gone those 3% body fat down to 10% BABY!!!
  • I wanted to make a trip and I did... back to my home town in Puerto Rico. I had so much fun it should be illegal. I met new people, made friends and spent quality time with my family and closets friends!!!!
  • However I didn't make it to Yankee stadium nor did they get to the world series.....
  • Last year goal was to start twittering and I did... this year goal is to have my website www.fitlorenzo.com up and running.
  • I've been able to help and make a difference in not one person rather many and that is truly what makes me happy. 
  • At the same time many people have made a difference in my life and that has enriched mine. I love to surround myself with people who are better than me, more loving, caring & smarter... I learn so much from them :-) as Ken Blanchard said: "none of us is as smart as all of us"...
  • I always want to spend more time with friends and family.
  • I want the challenge.... 
  • And if there is something I learned in 2010 is that if you want to accomplish anything you must be willing to kick your own ass. It's that simple; take the easy road and you'll get what you put into it... do it the right away and you'll be blown away at your own potential. 
I'm a person of action and I preach that to everyone who surrounds me and/or is my client. However at times it is proper we sit back and practice reflective thinking; so we can learn from failure or success and become wiser in the process.

"Some people spend more time planing their vacation time than planing their lives"... its sad but that's the truth. So use reflective thinking to help yourself become more efficient now and tomorrow; to maximize your strengths and become the better version of you. There is no way you can't achieve the body of your dreams... unless you actually don't want to. The choice is yours!

That's my line of thinking... I would love to hear your stories, what you've learned over the past year and what you plan to get done on this one.

However I'll leave you with this thought: "What's the point of having dreams and setting goals if you are not going to make them happen?"

2011 HERE WE GO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment