Personal Training

Sunday, January 02, 2011

How bad do you really want it?

Have you ever wonder if you ever really give your best? Do you find yourself always trying to find a reason to motivate yourself? Do you truly believe you can and will win the battle for fat loss and definition? 
Do you want to live your life to the fullest of just half way?

At times while training ladies at my Strength & Conditioning Boot Camp, several have mentioned that when we are running or doing a few drills why don't I tell them we are close to the finish line or that soon time will be up.

To be honest I do depending on the type of drills, exercises & metabolic circuits we are conducting; especially when they are based on time. However sometimes I don't and it's not without a purpose.

See there's a point when we are challenged that our bodies or our mind feels as if it wants to give up, it's only human. I however don't want the people I train nor myself to give up at a certain point when we can go further, do more and beat all odds.

The question is how bad you want it? And to what extent you will go in order to achieve excellence?

The following video is taken from the movie Facing the Giants. My coach Desmond, brought it to my attention while I was in Puerto Rico this past week. And we both share the same passion and vision to help everyone we can look good, feel good and be in optimal conditioning.

After viewing it reflect on the late Jim Valvano's (legendary North Carolina State basketball coach and ESPN commentator and founder of the www.jimmyV.org V Foundation for Cancer Research) words: "Don't give up, don't ever give up"...

No comments:

Post a Comment