Personal Training

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2010 Fitness Goals

Last time I spoke about the things I've learned and done during 2009. Today I want to take the time to reflect on things I want to accomplish in the coming year and at the same time share things that might help you jump-start your fitness program.

See, many people start the year by setting many goals and unfortunately very few stay committed to them throughout the year. That's why you need to create a game plan and map it out during the following months of the year. So this way you have the ultimate goal you want to reach, but in the process you take small steps that lead you there.

Of course these goals must be realistic, don't think you will lose 80 pounds in a month. This will only set you up for failure, frustration and disappointment.

Be consistent on your training and nutrition. NEVER MISS A WORKOUT (unless you're sick) and at least aim to eat in a clean and healthy way 80% of the time (do better if possible).

Keep a food journal, there's no better way to make yourself accountable for your actions than by writing down what you eat.

Get a workout partner or hire a Fitness Expert, this will ensure you stay motivated and have fun in the process.

With that in mind let me share with you my goals for 2010. Keep in mind that some are related to life, fitness, work and many things.
  1. Just like you I want to be in the shape/conditioning of my life.
  2. I'll drop 3% body fat (I'm at 13% so I need to get to 10%), and stay at 175 pounds in the process.
  3. I want to make a considerable difference in someones life.
  4. I want to give the best of the best to all of my clients.
  5. I need to learn how to play guitar... again.
  6. I'll get more education, train myself and become more knowledgeable.
  7. I want to take a trip... or two, or three...
  8. One of those trips has to be to Yankees stadium :-)
  9. I need to learn from my mistakes.
  10. I'll make better changes and improve where I need to in myself, my business, my training systems.
  11. I might start twittering....
  12. I'll redo my website and blog.
  13. Make an appointment with the doc.
  14. Help someone else, achieve something.
  15. I'll try something new this year... :$
  16. Spend time with friends and family.
  17. Enjoy life!

I would love to hear your new years resolutions.

2010 here I come!!!

Author: Eduardo Lorenzo, NASM-CPT specializes in sports performance, injury prevention, corrective exercises, physique enhancement, Boot Camp and weight loss programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment