Personal Training

Monday, January 23, 2012

Fitness journey - interview with Michelle

Michelle George story of success at boot camp. How shes managed to lose over 20 pounds and keep them off. 

Not only has she lost weight, shes stronger, fitter and good person to be around with. I'm proud of her for working hard and dedicating the time to making herself better. 

 Read below her story.

1. What made you start coming to FITLORENZO Boot Camp?
I started coming to Fitlorenzo for various reasons. I was trying to loose weight myself with a little success but not the kind of results I wanted to see. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I would watch my family play and I would sit on the side lines because I couldn't keep up or I was just tired. I had a friend that had joined and I watched her success. Her results encouraged me that I could do it.

2. How did you feel when you first started? How do you feel now?
I was very nervous when I first started. I wasn't sure I could do it. I was worried I'd be always be the last person, that I would pass out, get sick. I felt all the normal excuses we give ourselves not to try. Now, I know I can do anything I set my mind to. My body CAN do more than my mind says it can. I still have days where I just feel like I can't do it but I don't give up and I find out that I can do it. 

3. What have you accomplished since starting? Was it easy?
Since joining bootcamp I've lost over 20lbs or so. It wasn't always easy.There were times when I wanted to give up but we all go through phases. It's important to show up for a workout even when you don't "feel" like it. Some of the things I've accomplished aren't all physical. I have so much more confidence in myself. I actually like who I am and the person I'm transforming to be. When I take care of myself I can take better care of the ones I love. I use to be so tired I thought I don't have anytime left to workout. The crazy thing is..is when you workout you get more energy to do the things you need to do. When I first started bootcamp I couldn't do a full sit-up. Yesterday I was able to do one, not just one many of them!!!!

4. What are your future goals?
In the end I want to be a role model for my children. To teach them to be healthy. You can't teach something you don't live yourself. My final weight goal is around 140-145 lbs. Could I get to a lower weight probably but I think it's important to be realistic with your goals. For me that's a reachable goal that I can maintain. What's the point of getting somewhere and not being able to maintain it?

5. How do your friends and family react to your changes?
My family really has been my biggest support. My son says I was slowly shrinking but now after this three week challenge I am rapidly shrinking. My husband has always said I was a beautiful woman but now he's got a twinkle in his eye that I hadn't seen in a long time. My dad said to me that he was proud of me. I don't care how old you are there's nothing like your dad saying that to you. I have friends that have been very supportive and encouraging and I have others that haven't really said anything at all. Like I'm not changing at all. I don't know why that is but you can't let your journey be based on what others say or don't say.

6. Looking back how do you feel now?
Looking back I can say I've come a long way. Could I be farther along than I am, yes.I haven't always been 100% committed. I've tried eating right and not working out. I've tried working out and eating what I want. Neither of them worked for any long period of time. I might have seen minor results but I can say when your diet and exercise come into alignment then amazing things happen. Look what I did in just three weeks 9.2 pounds 1.9% body fat 4.5 inches.

"I really have to thank Ed for his support and guidance without it who knows where I would be. Sure bootcamp is an investment. But the results are worth it all. I've been a member of a gym for years I gained 20+ pounds in those years. There was no personal attention unless I paid extra. With Fitlorenzo I am in a group class but I feel that one on one personal attention. Ed really cares about each one of his clients. I am not just another number in his class. He is invested in each one of us. He goes the extra mile".

If like her you would like to know more about what FITLORENZO Training Programs can do for you, please contact us at info@fitlorenzo.com. Make sure to visit us at http://www.fitlorenzo.com and find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/fitlorenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment