New Years resolutions are tough! I mean anyone can make a resolution, which seems to be the norm every time January rolls in. But sticking to your resolutions requires a bigger commitment.
Every year millions of people around the world make for the most part the same resolutions: make more money, lose weight and something else like quit smoking. But in the end it seems that most people find it hard to stick to their resolutions and fail.
1. You set unrealistic goals... Losing 40 pounds in two weeks is unreal. When you set real expectations its not hope, rather a commitment to do something. For example when you start a new job and they tell you that you are expected at 8am to clock in, you are there at 8am. If not then you are fired; you can't blame the economy rather you didn't do your job. Same thing happens with your fitness goals, YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF THEM... When you set real expectations it becomes easier over the course of the days, weeks and months to stick with it and become more motivated as you progress and see good results.
2. Write down your goals. Fitness, financial, relationship, everything... it's like mapping out life for the next 12 months. Your goals are not unclear anymore. "I wanna lose weight"... is not a goal. "I will drop 10 pounds by the end of February"... Now that's a clear goal. Its a very healthy exercise, but it also helps keep you accountable as if you are writing a contract to yourself. Nothing more empowering than that to help you follow through.
3. Find the "WHY" factor. I ask all my clients "WHY" are you here? "WHY" are we doing this? Understanding "WHY" you are here, "WHY" you wish to accomplish so and so goals will help keep things in perspective especially when the time comes that you start feeling a bit out of it, start slacking or feel unmotivated. You are reminded of your WHY and suddenly you get back on track and won't need to wait till next year to make new resolutions.
4. You lack support. Having a group of people who understands and supports you is crucial towards achieving your goals. There are times when you just don't want to, we are tired, fatigued, life keeps beating you down... Your support group will lift you right up and won't let you quit. This could be your family, friends, coworker, fitness buddy, you name it.
At FITLORENZO training center we create a friendly atmosphere for training and staying on track. From friends, to workout partners to your coach, everyone works together in order to accomplish the goal.
5. You lack a plan, and so you are unprepared. Sure you have an idea of what you may want but have no clue how to get it done. Few people just exercise to just exercise. Most people especially this time of year are in it for bigger reasons - it may be to improve health, overall fitness levels, to improve performance, have a body they can show off, feel better, confident, sexy, whatever.
But a solid plan that is in line with your goals the better the chances your will reach your goals faster.
Make your plan real and simple. For example:
Goal: Lose 15 pounds in 90 days.
Step 1: Stop drinking soda today.
Step 2: I will sleep at least 7 hours each night.
Step 3: Eat more fruits and veggies over the course of the next few weeks
Step 4: I will make sure to get 3 to 4 good workouts in every week.
Step 5: I am going to hire a personal trainer to help me get started on my goals and help me map out my plan for the year.
This is an example of how you can incorporate an action plan geared towards your goals. For every person it may look different and of course nobody is perfect, maybe you hit and miss on a few days. But by incorporating these guidelines into your lifestyle you will be eating and training much better, and thus you will improve the chances of reaching your goals and sticking to them. If you follow them I know you will be on your way to your best body in 2012!!!
At FITLORENZO we are all about helping you getting your best body in 2012! We have plenty of cool stuff about to happen in the course of the next few months. We are looking forward to having a great year and want you to be a part of it.
Call us TODAY 941-729-5217 and find out what FITLORENZO can do for you.