Personal Training

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2009 Comes to a Close

Around this time of the year I usually take time to reflect on what I've done so far and on what I want to accomplish in the coming new year.

For starters my life changed drastically, I've been in a emotional roller coaster, however I've manage to hold it together and in the process I learned a lot about myself, business, fitness and the people around me.

So let me share with you some of the things I've learned or enjoy about myself, fitness, nutrition, life and whatever else I can imagine. (This list is in no particular order of preference).
  1. You can't out train a bad diet... simple.
  2. You need a game plan. You need to map out your fitness and health goals and work year long to attain it. Consistency is the key...
  3. I've learned I make a lot of mistakes... (and I still haven't learned from all of them)
  4. I enjoy working with my clients - ALL OF THEM!
  5. BOOT CAMP ROCKS!!! One of the best things I decided to start this year...
  6. YANKEES WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. I love cheesecake and pizza :-)
  8. Being injured sucks.
  9. LAKERS WON THE NBA FINALS!!!!!!
  10. Losing weight (body fat) is achievable for every person - you just need to find what works for you and not the other way around.
  11. Fail to plan - plan to fail.
  12. WORK YOUR BUTT OFF!! Nothing worth having comes easy, you need to work hard, be consistent, regardless of your ups and downs.
  13. Surround yourself with great people and a good support system. Without friend, family and amazing clients we would be nothing. Also network and surround yourself with the best of the best. These people will help you improve your life in many ways... physical, mental, spiritually.
  14. YANKEES WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!
  15. Never quit.. Just do it! There is no try.. you either do or you don't. Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.
  16. There is always a chance to make things right and turn your life around. Be it to lose weight and keep it off, strengthen your body, tone your muscles, look sexy or improve your health. For some it's about saving their life, getting control of it, improving the overall quality of your lifestyle... you can do it. If you done wrong in life you can also redeem yourself and fix it.
  17. You live you learn!
  18. Be thankful and show gratitude!!!
  19. LOVE!
  20. You need to Squat - Deadlift - Bench Press - Pullup... enough said.
  21. Commit and dedicate to yourself and your body, after all you health is the only thing you can control.
  22. Being alone is depressing. Surround yourself with people you love and enjoy spending time with.
  23. You need to keep a food journal.
  24. One must stay true to your values... even if you don't know what they are!
  25. Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?
  26. I know what a Spanish lunch is...
  27. It appears as if people keep trying to fit wine in the fruit section.
  28. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.
  29. You never know when an opportunity knocks on your door.
  30. Great things and great people sometimes come in a small package.
  31. I bought an H3 -
  32. I-CSI...
  33. I think I'm so cool, ice cubes are jealous.
  34. I would be nothing without YOU :-)
  35. I love my family, no matter where they are or how far away.

Gee I ran out of space. But I must say I am grateful of your time, your business and trust in my training programs. As I've mentioned in an individual basis to some of clients I thank you for putting your health, fitness and performance in my hands and trusting that together we get Results.

I guess I'll make another post on my new year resolutions and things I want to accomplish and work hard at.

I would love to hear your stories, what you've learned this year and what you plan to get done next year.

2010 here I come!!!

Author: Eduardo Lorenzo, NASM-CPT specializes in sports performance, injury prevention, corrective exercises, physique enhancement, Boot Camp and weight loss programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment