Personal Training

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fitness journey - interview with Jen

On my previous post I announced the winner's of the Holiday Fat Loss Challenge Jen and Michelle have shared their experience and journey while at boot camp. I conducted a short interview with both and I'm sharing their thoughts with you today.

I'm honored to be a part of their experience and to see how much they have progressed since joining our program.

In the month of December Jen lost 12 pounds and 1.8% body fat; with that let me share Jen's interview...


1)  What made you start coming to FITLORENZO Boot Camp?

A few years ago, I noticed that while I was working out, I wasn't seeing any real results. I would work out really hard, eat well, but the pounds weren't coming off as they had in my 20s. I saw a flyer at the gym for a new six-week "boot camp", so I thought a challenge might help. Little did I know... That's where I first met Ed.  Let me just say, whatever I thought I could do at the gym, it was NOTHING compared to the pace and intensity of Ed's boot camp! Jogging on the treadmill wasn't too difficult, but running suicide drills was almost too much.  After the first session, I could barely move! I contemplated quitting.  But I didn't want to regret that decision later, so I continued and completed the 6 weeks.  I was hooked and I've been with Ed and FITLORENZO ever since! 

2) Were you nervous when you first started? How do you feel now?

I was so nervous to start.  It definitely took me out of my comfort zone. I was standing with a bunch of strangers a lot younger than me and in a lot better shape!  I was filled with self-doubt and hesitation!  But I can look back now and see how the benefits have far out-weighed every single doubt and excuse that I had!  I have pushed my body harder and have been successful!  I can try just about any exercise and still amaze myself! 

3) What have you accomplished since starting? Was it easy?

To quote Theodore Roosevelt, "Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty..."  That defines boot camp!!  It has not been effortless, painless or easy!  But the benefits have been great!  First, I lost weight which was my primary goal in starting on this adventure.  Also, I have found a love of running!  I've done many races in several different states, including my first half marathon in November!  Boot camp has definitely helped my endurance and speed!!  In addition, I have gained some wonderful friendships in Ed and the girls I work out with!  They won't let me slack off or quit!  I love that!

4) What are your future goals?

I have committed to another year of torture at FITLORENZO!  I look forward to the challenging workouts, pushing me beyond what I think I can do!  I will also continue to run. I've talked my husband into training with me for the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in February, then try for a challenge run at Gasparilla in March! 

5) How do your friends and family react to your changes?

My husband is VERY happy about the changes. We joke about him having the hot, young wife!  My parents are proud!  My Dad often remarks that he can't believe what's become of his former couch potato daughter!  I love it because I am more physically fit than my stepsons!  I can run circles around them, figuratively and literally!!

6) Looking back how do you feel now?

I am proud of myself!  Don't get me wrong, I still have days that I look in the mirror and see glimpses of my former "fat" self, but that is not who I am anymore!  While this journey started with a single decision to sign up and commit to boot camp, it has been many small choices made along the way that have made the difference.  It was dragging myself to boot camp at 6:00 a.m. on days when I would have rather been sleeping, pushing out that last set of push-ups or squats when I thought I had nothing left in the tank, going out for a run even though I had 20 other things on my to-do list, passing up on chocolate or wine for wiser choices...  I definitely didn't get it right every day, but I learned to forgive myself for the missteps and pick myself up and start again!  

If like her you would like to know more about what FITLORENZO Training Programs can do for you, please contact us at info@fitlorenzo.com. Make sure to visit us at http://www.fitlorenzo.com and find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/fitlorenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment