Personal Training

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Rant and Random Thoughts

From time time I feel the urge to take my thoughts and share them with you, and so I've decided that right now as I sit and wait I would express myself and let you in on it.

Just in case this is all completely random, but I think its useful for me and you. Plus I suddenly have extra time on my hands since some clients aren't able to show up...

Anyways this is what's on my mind today:
  1. Holy smokes I woke up with a stomach bug or something. I think it was the shrimp from last night... I knew something smelled fishy (hahaha get it...)
  2. That in turn made me miss an earlier appointment with a training client... AGGGGGRRRR!! I hate that!!!
  3. I'm extremely busy, lots of stuff going on lately, business wise. 21 Day Look Hot-Drop The Fat Holiday Challenge and my first ever Black Friday Fitness Special... 
  4. I'm also busy working on my other website (for real!!!)
  5. Today I spilled water all over me and then I spilled water over some notes and files... and then I spilled water again in the kitchen. All in the same day!!! WTH????
  6. Some clients had to cancel on me today... that ain't cool. 
  7. I'm thankful to God especially because I have work, great clients, great friends and I'm healthy
  8. I don't think that lately I've done a good job at showing my appreciation to him :(
  9. I got to see my mom this year!!!!
  10. If you are observing me while training clients or myself at the gym, and you are going to copy it. Go ahead just do it right, observe technique, form, pace and intensity... When in doubt ask, but not while I'm training a client..
  11. There are trainers out there literally destroying their clients bodies with weird, dangerous and ineffective exercises.
  12. I can't stand those guys who can't barely lift the weights and then must slam on each rep in rage. My theory is they make a lot of noise to compensate for shortcomings elsewhere.  Seriously dude, control the weights at all times, if you have to drop it it is too heavy!
  13. I need a flat screen TV and new laptop... WHAT? I said this is random..
  14. Lately I've been a bit confused and I think that slowly I've lost myself and have drifted away.
  15. Today I read a post from someone else and she said: 'that the hardships we face harden up our heart. Yet we quickly learn to survive when we have no where to hide and no where to escape. When we are faced with harsh reality, we break apart and can't run from our own pain. This makes us less trusting and more susceptible to putting walls of defense up... opening the heart makes us vulnerable, so it becomes a choice... (I swear she read my mind!!!)
  16. I'll admit I have too much pride and pride can be a very dangerous thing and can lead to many troubles, been there already... then again pride has allowed me to be stronger, develop courage and accomplish many things, especially when people around me thought it wasn't possible..
  17. I'm intolerant to excuses, lies and fake people... (This goes for life, business, your health and fitness goals, relationships, whatever)
  18. Everyone hits a plateau at some point, so deal with it and understand that is part of your road to a better you. Just keep moving forward, working hard and smart and adapt when it happens.
  19. The holiday season scares me... too many people get fatter this time of year :(
  20. Kathy (one of my clients) keeps remembering me Master Yoda's words: "All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was... what he was doing"... 
  21. Sometimes while driving on the highway of life someone next to you takes a turn, and you are suddenly guessing your sense of direction or should I stop and follow.. Was I wrong, how did I get here in the first place? Sometimes it's better to just keep going and never look back. Again Master Yoda said best: Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not, miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
  22. I feel as if I could get writing and writing things..I guess it's enough I need to workout as well..
But hey if you made it this far down reading this, I'm most grateful. Feel free to share your thoughts, would love to hear your comments. Wish you all a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment