Personal Training

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Why I do What I do...

I get asked sometimes why I am the way I am, why I do what I do, and also how I do everything I do?

I guess it starts with the right motivation, the right focus... which is YOU! seriously...

Besides the obvious that I am passionate about what I do and who I am, I just can't seem to get YOU out of my mind. If you've ever received some of my e-mails you'll notice that at times it says 1am or another random hour.

See the issue is that when I am faced with a challenge, I just can't let it go till I find the best way to address it and then attack. This is what keeps me up at night, I am constantly thinking how to better serve you, how to help you reach your goals. While others sleep I am doing research, I am reading, I'm online, I call my friends and wake them up when I need help (they don't like that, but anyways they understand because they share my same passion). And since everyone is different is a huge challenge, one that I love having.

I guess the favor is returned because in the process I become better at what I do, my mind and body feels better, and I am at peace with myself because I have done what I was supposed to do and some more. My knowledge grows... so many things.

Yet just like everyone out there I have my own "drama" and problems to deal with; and life do becomes crazy at times. My schedule is packed most days starting at 5am with the morning Strength & Conditioning Boot Camp, training clients, working on the business, writting articles, educating myself and running other group fitness program late at night as well.. Oh and then there's my personal workout program...it all adds up.

You know - I never really think about it (my schedule that is), I just do it and I guess it works. How is it that I can keep it up? We'll I wake up most days at 4:50AM or 6:20AM and it usually ends close to 11 - 12 night, except when I am still wide awake thinking about you!!!!

I eat well, at least 80% of the time; I do try to rest and sleep as much as possible, I do foam roller and body rolling to alleviate the muscle tissues (just like you I get sore muscles all the time) and I seldom drink any alcohol and I have no addictions.

But more importantly I have YOU! I feed my energy through you or maybe it's the other way around... anyways it works wonders for me. At the same time that is why I take so seriously when we work together, when I set a cardio and nutrition plan, when I expect you to show up on time and workout hard. I expect you to eat well when away from the gym and your house. That is the same reason when a client of mine fails or falls off the wagon it gets to me, I take it personal, I get emotional and then that's when I need to go to war for you.

On the other hand when you succeed I feel proud and I get happy. See... I do what I do... because of YOU!

So to YOU I say thank you for your trust and believing in me.

Enjoy your day... I got Boot Camp in a couple of minutes and these ladies are in for a crazy workout!!!!

Author: Eduardo Lorenzo, NASM-CPT specializes in sports performance, injury prevention, corrective exercises, physique enhancement, Boot Camp and weight loss programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment